Tuesday, May 18, 2010

John 1-5

Name: Erin Christina Elliott Today’s Date: 5/19/10


Course: New Testament

Reading Block: John 1-5





Doctrines and Principles:



• Man baptizes by water and the spirit baptizes by fire (John 1)

• Believe in Christ and ye shall have eternal life (John 3)

• Through Christ we shall never thirst again (John 4:10-14)



Thoughts, Impressions, Ideas for Application:



• The Lord is my light, so why should I fear? Nothing really truly went along with this in this block yet it was in my head. Light was a theme in one of the chapters, or at least part of a chapter. It kind of threw me off a little bit when it said that God was the light and that we don’t HAVE it but that we are suppose to share it. It may not say that exactly but that is how I took it. So I thought about it for a moment. The Lord is my light. I feel him in my life and it is the light that guides me through the darkness and I know that he is with me and even though I do fear at times I know that I should not because he will guide me through it all. I have such an amazing thing in my life and it burns inside me that I cannot keep it to myself. I bear my testimony in so many ways daily. Even to those not of the church they know how much I love my savoir and my heavenly Father. I tell them about the wonderful things that I am blessed with and the many things that they have helped me through. The Lord is my light and I will share that light with all those around me.

• I have more thoughts just going through my mind but I don’t know how to express them in writing. All that I can really think about is how people can hear the things that Christ spoke of and still hate him. How Christ knew what was going to happen and he spoke of it and yet none of them understood and followed what he was talking about. I know we have not read about it yet but Christ hints about it and now it is telling about the Jews wanting him dead and it is so hard to read. It always makes me think about what type of person would I have been back then? Would I have understood? Would I have known who he was? So just reading in John 5 it leaves me just to ponder and I cannot really come up with words to say but just reflect in my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment