Friday, May 14, 2010

Luke 10-15

Name: Erin Christina Elliott Today’s Date: 5/4/10


Course: New Testament

Reading Block: Luke 10-15

Doctrines and Principles:

• Love God with all of yourself (Luke 10:27)

• Love thy neighbor even thy enemy and show compassion to all (Luke 10:37)

• Knock, Ask, Seek (Luke 11:9-10)



Thoughts, Impressions, Ideas for Application:

• A poor way fairing man of grief…Who sued so humbly for relief…Just perishing for want of bread, I gave him all; he blessed it, brake… The song goes on telling of all the times that this man ran into the other man and every time he stopped all he was doing and helped him. In the end he realized that this man was the savior. Of me thou hast not been ashamed. How often do we find ourselves in such a rush that we just pass by those opportunities? We are supposed to help all those around us and love our neighbor no matter who our neighbor is. We probably will never have the experience of the person being Christ, but it could be someone that we needed to meet, someone to teach us something. None the less in the end, we are to be more Christ like and he would stop and help all those in need and we as well need to stop.

• Sadly enough there are times when I do not put Christ/church first in my life. I actually have been struggling and stressing myself sick lately and got a blessing the other night. In that blessing I am reminded of all the things that I know for a fact I am not diligently doing because I stay up till 12:30 every night doing homework and go right to bed. I put my school work and sleep first and do not do personal scripture study and real perfect prayer time like I should be doing. I do pray, but it’s laying in bed while I am trying to fall asleep, actually I cannot sleep unless I am talking to my Heavenly Father, it helps me clear my mind and calm myself so that I can actually rest. Just like the little sand and rock object lesson, (the rocks being things like scripture and prayer and the sand being all the other things in life like school and TV) you cannot get the rocks in if you put the sand in first, the rocks go in and then the sand. If we all put Christ first in our lives then even if it doesn’t seem like we will have the time, we will, the Lord will make sure that we have time for everything.

• We all have the light of Christ shining within us, and that light is a light that we need to let shine forth for others to see. We need to always be looking for what is right and never hide ourselves or be ashamed of who we really are. I know that I am a daughter of God. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I will stand strong and proud and say that to anyone. I do not hide who I am, and I try in everything I do to let my light so shine and not be hid so that other may see that there is something different about me, that they may understand that yes I am different. There have been people in my life notice that, and they have asked, and they respect me so much more for the fact that I know these things and how strong I stand for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment