Monday, May 17, 2010

Luke 16-19

Name: Erin Christina Elliott Today’s Date: 5/16/10


Course: New Testament

Class Hour: MWF 12:45-1:45

Reading Block: Luke 16-19




Doctrines and Principles:



• No one can serve two masters (Luke 16:13)

• Always forgive everything (Luke 17:3-4)

• Those things that are impossible with men, are possible though God (Luke 18:27)



Thoughts, Impressions, Ideas for Application:



• There is this part that talks about justification before men. I know that I tend to do that and I am pretty sure we all do it. We take things that we do and we try to justify them so that we sound better or not as lame or just whatever it is to make it sound like what we are doing is not exactly what we are doing. There has been a time in my life that that is what I did, just justified everything that I did. I didn’t want anyone to think less of me because I did something I shouldn’t have done or because I was Mormon. It comes down to a point that we can justify all we want to those around us, but when it comes to God, we can’t justify our deeds, he knows all, and he knows our hearts.

• Such a little thing as faith may not seem like a lot and that it can do much, but with pure unwavering faith, even faith as small as a grain of mustard seed it can do so much. People are healed by faith, these people in the scriptures most not healed by the laying on of hands but by their faith. “Thy faith hath made the whole” Those words fill my heart. Knowing that through my faith, even though it may not seem like I can move mountains I have the faith to know that through my Heavenly Father anything can happen.

• Lots wife looked back and longed for that what she did have. Repentance, fully repenting means not turning back around. It is normal to long for that which once was, to have that feeling or whatever the sin gave you again in your life. Satan works and makes you want to long for it and want it more than anything. I struggle. There are times that I feel so empty, so lost, so invisible, so hated of myself that I would give anything to have that feeling of someone caring again, but I know I can’t, I know that I cannot turn around. It hurts to look back and just as Lots wife no good comes from turning around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment