Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mark 4-10

Name: Erin Christina Elliott Today’s Date: 5/6/10


Course: New Testament

Reading Block: Mark 4-10

Doctrines and Principles:

• Christ taught his doctrine through parables (Mark 4:2)

• Our faith is what makes us whole (Mark 5:27-34)

• Even on Sunday Christ took the opportunity to teach(Mark 6:1)



Thoughts, Impressions, Ideas for Application:

• Master, the tempest is raging! The billows are tossing high! The sky is oer’shadowed with blackness No shelter or help is nigh. Carest Thou not that we perish? How canst Thou lie asleep?! When each moment so madly is threatening, A grave in the angry deep? The Lord will always be there for us. We should not question him, no harm will ever come to us as long as we have the faith in him. I know that I cannot be that person who ever doubts the Lord. It just, I hate reading about how often the Lord has to say “ye of little faith” How can people doubt that power and all that he does over and over and over again?!

• There are so many people in the world, so many people praying and asking for help. Heavenly Father and Christ know each and every one of us. He knows all our needs and he knows out pleas. They are aware of us and know when we are asking for them. I know there are times when I doubt if the Lord knows that I am here and in need of him. He knows, I know he knows and I can feel him in my life every hour of every day. As long as I call upon him for help and put all my faith in him that he can help, he helps. It is the fact that you have faith that makes you whole, it is the faith in the Lord that he can help us and will help us. I love my Heavenly Father, and I am so grateful for all that he does for me.

• Those with ears to hear will be the ones to hear the teachings of the gospel. There are often times I have to be told over and over again things that I need to do because the first 100 times I just didn’t want to hear it. There are many things that we all hear and are taught but we don’t always really hear the words and process the lesson being taught to us. It is only when we are ready to hear and ready to learn and do what is being asked of us is when we will really learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment