Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mark 1-3

Name: Erin Christina Elliott Today’s Date: 5/4/10


Course: New Testament

Reading Block: Mark 1-3

Doctrines and Principles:

• Denying the Holy Ghost is one of the worst things you can do (Mark 3:29)

• Christ heals by the faith of the person (Mark 2:5)

• We need to pray in solitary places (Mark 1:34)



Thoughts, Impressions, Ideas for Application:
• It wasn’t until just lately that I have really been thinking about blessings and how through the atonement we can be healed of sicknesses too. It is through our faith that we receive those blessings and healings through the priesthood. If we don’t truly have faith that we can be healed then, well, we won’t. It is just like the scriptures say, by your faith you are healed.

• I will go, I will do, the things the Lord commands. Just like Nephi and even the apostles of Christ, they dropped everything and followed Christ and what the Lord has commanded them to do. It makes me wonder if I could just drop everything and go, if I would leave all that I have because that is what the Lord wanted me to do. I do those little things that I am asked to do, but I know until I do those huge things and pack up and leave the life I am living for anything that the Lord says, I won’t be fully following in my saviors footsteps. I hate the fact that as I sit here and think about it I cannot say I will do anything and everything the Lord commands me. I know I want to, but I feel like I am going to have to be compelled or pushed. I wish I was as great as them to just drop everything and follow.

• Christ left everyone and everything to go and pray in a quiet place. I think that everyone should do that. I know that when I hide myself and pray to where I am away from my yelling roommates and distractions I can communicate better with my Heavenly Father. It is a more sure way to be able to get our thoughts across and get our answers received. If it is loud and crazy around us and we are not really taking ourselves out of the worries of the day then it is not as meaningful and it will be harder to hear and feel the spirit whispering to us the answers to our thoughts and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment