Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Luke 3-6

Name: Erin Christina Elliott Today’s Date: May 9, 2010


Course: New Testament

Reading Block: Luke 3-6

Doctrines and Principles:

• Christ was able to with stand Satan no matter what he said and did. (Luke 4:2-14)

• When you kick Satan out of your life you will be filled with the spirit and your light will be able to shine to the nations (Luke 4:14)

• It is not to call together the righteous but to call the sinners to repentance (Luke 5:32)



Thoughts, Impressions, Ideas for Application:

• Genealogy really is important. It is important to know where we came from. It helps us understand who we are. It can give us pride (in a good way) of who we are. I do think it is important to know who are ancestors are and what they did. They are the people who came before us and who made the world we live in what it is. They marked the path, and worked their whole lives so that we might have a little better of a life. It also helps remind us that once you trace it all the way back, that we really are literally the sons and daughters of God. Proof that fills my heart with joy and reminds me that I am worth so much more than I give myself credit for.

• Just like us Christ had to face the temptation of Satan. I think of how well he was able to get through that, and I think of all the times that I have failed. It just seems so easy for Christ to just say no. But I also know the great feeling there is when Satan and all his evil leaves. There really is a light that others can see. For the time you are weak and once it is gone you are strong again. I know the feeling to be truly happy and to have no weight any more. I know that others can tell because my friends all saw that something was different, there really is the light of Christ that can once again shine on through one Satan is out of our lives.

• Why are we so quick and easy to forget all that the Lord has done for us? First we doubt what the Lord can do for us, and then we receive that blessing, and then forget that it was the lord that gave it to us. I am not innocent; I know that I have done that before. It just bugs me how it happens time after time after time, and yet the Lord still forgives us and keeps blessing us. I am so grateful for the blessing and the lessons that he teaches us through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment